Hoot 'n' Howl Farm Equip. Sale
Saturday, November 16, 2019
6033 Jay Road
Janet and I are semi-retiring from farming. We will continue selling peaches, etc. with our partnership with Early Morning Orchard, Palisade, CO. We will continue growing produce on our own land. However, we are not renewing our land lease with Boulder County Parks and Open Space, which expires this December 31—The leased land is immediately west and north of our home at 6033 Jay Road, Boulder.
On Saturday, November 16, 2019, from 8am through noon, we will conduct a sale of substantially all our farm equipment. The details of the sale are attached. You may inspect the items during the sale, and also on Friday and Saturday, November 8 and 9, from 8am until dusk; Sunday, November 10, noon until dusk; and Friday, November 15, 8 am until 6pm. The sale will be by sealed bid. More details below.
There are many people who might be interested in this equipment. I know a bunch of them, but there are far more whom I don’t know. Please forward this to those who might be interested.
Equipment and goods for sale:
1. Allis Chalmers WD45 tractor, 1957, with front-end loader, rear blade. The tractor is in A1 condition, all systems working superbly. SN 232616. Std Transmission. 4 Forward Gears, 1 Reverse. Has both a foot clutch AND a hand clutch, allowing very precise control. Drawbar 30 hp-tested. Tires in very good condition. MINIMUM price: $3500
2. Ford 9N tractor, 1941. Starts easy, runs great! SN 9N78857. 16 hp-tested. Gasoline. 3 pt. hitch. All new tires. 18 Engine HP; 12 PTO HP; MINIMUM price: $3200.
NOTE: Above tractors have a minimum price. All below items: NO minimum!
3. Hoophouse, 20’wide, 28’ long, ~12’ tall. Manufacturer: Nexis, from American Clayworks, Denver. Buyer must disassemble and remove. Excellent condition, but needs new 6 mil polyfilm (double layer).
4. 40 Gallon 3-Point Hitch Sprayer with 10′ Folding Boom. Like new-Used 4 hours total.
• 2.2 GPM EVERFLO Pump
• 18″ Handgun with 15ft of Hose
• Polyethylene Tank
• 3 Section Break Away Boom
• 120″ Coverage Boom
5. Tractor tiller. 6’
6. Troy Bilt Horse rototiller with numerous attachments. Excellent condition.
7. 6’ wide tractor mower
8. 3-spade trencher
9. 32-wheel disk
10. 2-bottom plow
11. X-count T-posts
12. Bowsmith drip tubing, emitters spaced one per foot. About one mile.
13. Netafim drip tubing 1 ½ rolls. Emitter spacing: 1 per foot. None ever used (not compatible with Bowsmith).
14. Fluorescent light fixtures (We used as grow-lights): two 8’ fixtures, five 4’.
15. Trailer-homemade. Won’t carry a heavy load.
16. Trailer. 4’ x 8’ bed-the old folding model. Bent hitch.
17. Chicken coop. 4’ x 4’
18. Chicken coop. 4’ x 8’.
19. Small shed on farm.
20. X-count concrete blocks
21. Stone weights: several, 40 to 150 lb
22. River rock
23. River gravel: FREE! Bring your shovel and pickup, trailer or container. Take river gravel (along NE fence) until gone!
Timing: Inspect all items Sat., Nov 9, 8am to dusk, Sun., Nov. 10, noon to dusk, Sat., Nov 16, 8 am until 11am.
Terms: Sealed bid. At inspection, register and obtain a bid # and envelope from cashier. Submit bids by item name to cashier with your FIRM bid no later than 11am, Sat., Nov 16. Tellers will open and tabulate bids and announce winning bid for each item. Accept currency, PayPal and Venmo.
Process: The buyer of the hoophouse may have one week to disassemble and remove it. The buyers of the chicken coops and the small shed may have two days to remove them. All other purchased items MUST be removed from the farm by 5pm, November 16.
Put this on your calendar!
Janet 'n' Bob